These scams are getting worse by the day guys. I was smart enough not to have been suckered by anyone but I was going to buy some things on ebay. Ebay had removed the listing because they detected that there was a fraud but somehow I never knew that the auction had been removed. I had already bid on it and been sent an invoice. The invoice was just amazingly written, the html graphics showed that the guy was a square trade user and his form of payment requested was/is western union.
So I did some checking because I knew something was up. First, the item # on ebay didnt exist, his username as a square trade user didnt exist, and western union is the easiest way to defraud someone. In the invoice he sent me, there were statements talking about how secure the transaction was and how insurance would cover fraud. That was totally false too. Im very happy that I didnt get taken but I just have a feeling that other people will. Do you guys think I should contact the police? Even though I notified square trade, I just have a feeling they wont try to do much.
Also, there is a paypal scam going around, they give you a link and then you click on the link and it takes you to another site that looks like paypal yet its not paypal. Then they get all of your information when its requested and steal all of your funds.
Gotta keep everyone one step of the game, be very conscious when messing with ebay and paypal.





Bookmarks